14 CFR Part 107
What is Part 107?
The FAA released Part 107 in June of 2016. With Part 107, an individual can obtain a “Remote Pilote Certificate”. The certificate is required for using a drone for commercial purposes.
Part 107 Operating Rules
- Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 pounds, including payload, at takeoff
- Fly in Class G airspace
- Keep the unmanned aircraft within visual line-of-sight
- Fly at or below 400 feet
- Fly during daylight or civil twilight
- Fly at or under 100 mph
- Yield right of way to manned aircraft
- Do not fly directly over people
- Do not fly from a moving vehicle, unless in a sparsely populated area
With the exception of the 55 pounds weight limit, there are possible waivers avaiable for the other rules.