The purpose of this book is to introduce the reader to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 or 10.2 by ESRI.
Over the years, I have worked with various GIS lessons, tutorials and how-to books, websites, and other resources. This book is a compilation of all the various “best practices” that I have learned. My goal is to help those new to GIS and ArcGIS to develop a solid foundation upon which to build.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - The GIS Workspace
- Chapter 3 - Project Management and GIS
- Chapter 4 - Displaying Spatial Data
- Chapter 5 - Selecting Features
- Chapter 6 - Symbolizing Data
- Chapter 7 - Making A Layout
- Chapter 8 - Mid-Term Exercise 1
- Chapter 9 - Using Attribute Data
- Chapter 10 - Creating and Editing Data
- Chapter 11 - Coordinate system and Projection
- Chapter 12 - Geoprocessing
- Chapter 13 - Final Exercise